- The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (the HKIE) reserves the right to update the Disclaimer Notice at any time without notice to User. The most current version of the Disclaimer Notice can be viewed by clicking on the “Disclaimer” hypertext link located at the bottom of our Web pages.
- User expressly agrees that use of the websites of the hkie (collectively websites) is at user’s sole risk. Neither the hkie, its affiliates nor any of their respective employees, agents, third party content providers or licensors warrant that websites will be uninterrupted or error free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of websites, or as to the accuracy, reliability or content of any information, service, or merchandise provided through websites.
- Websites are provided on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are implied by and incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under the laws applicable to this agreement.
- This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action. User specifically acknowledges that the hkie is not liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other users or third-parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with user.
- In no event will the hkie, or any person or entity involved in creating, producing or distributing websites or the hkie software, be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages arising out of the use of or inability to use websites. User hereby acknowledges that the provisions of this section shall apply to all content on the site.
- In addition to the terms set forth above, neither the hkie, nor its affiliates, information providers or content partners shall be liable regardless of the cause or duration, for any errors, inaccuracies, omissions, or other defects in, or untimeliness or unauthenticity of, the information contained within websites, or for any delay or interruption in the transmission thereof to the user, or for any claims or losses arising therefrom or occasioned thereby. None of the foregoing parties shall be liable for any third-party claims or losses of any nature, including, but not limited to, lost profits, punitive or consequential damages.
Force majeure – neither party will be responsible for any failure or delay in performance due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of god, war, riot, embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, service outages resulting from equipment and/or software failure and/or telecommunications failures, power failures, network failures, failures of third party service providers (including providers of internet services and telecommunications). The party affected by any such event shall notify the other party within a maximum of fifteen (15) days from its occurence. The performance of ths agreement shall then be suspended for as long as any such event shall prevent the affected party from performing its obligations under this agreement.