Scope and Objectives
This webinar series is aimed for assisting graduate engineers for better design and for preparation of qualifying examinations for structural discipline of HKIE and IStructE with question(s) related to reinforced concrete design. This seminar is intended for graduate structural engineers preparing to sit the examinations and it will provide guidance and experience for preparing and sitting the examinations. The following areas will be covered in the seminar.
- General preparation and examination techniques and tactics
- Critical points and issues in answering questions
- General solutions for superstructures and sub-structures and
- Review of past questions
The speaker will share their experience with the audiences in taking and passing the examination . Some key issues in preparation of answers for questions in general will be shared with particular focus on steel and concrete structures.
Ir Wendy Chow graduated from the University of Hong Kong with dual degree in 2016 and passed both the examinations for structural discipline in IStructE and HKIE in her first attempt in 2019. She is a structural engineer in Ove Arup (Hong Kong) Limited and has been involved in design of high rise building and long span concrete and steel building and she is a part-time lecturer with HKUSPACE. She is a committee member of the Young Members Group of HKISC.
Please follow the 2 steps registration procedure:
- Fax or email the completed registration form to Mr. Sam Chan (Email: samc[email protected] ,Fax: 852-2334 6389) for preliminary registration.
- Post the completed registration form together with a crossed cheque payable to Hong Kong Institute of Steel Construction
Limited to Mr. Sam Chan, at:
HKISC c/o Room ZS972, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering,
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hunghom, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Registration fee can also be paid by ATM or bank in to HKISC bank account at Hang Seng Bank. Our Hang Seng Bank
account number is 222-049918-001 and account name is “Hong Kong Institute of Steel Construction Limited”. Please email
the ATM transfer advice or deposit form to [email protected] for record after transferred.